Sunday, January 26, 2014

Training

Another great Kung Fu day has occurred. Children's class, Tai Chi, Fitness and Open Training. I was challenged in the children's class, it seems that each student had their own agenda that wasn't any where near the instructor's, after some adjusting, we made it work  :) Tai Chi was great as always, I continue to learn more and more each week about how to move my body as one, being aware of my six harmonies and sometimes not. I am learning to feel when I'm not moving the right way, so I think that I am moving forward. :) I attended the fitness class today for the first time in a long time, it was fantastic to feel that push again, I missed it! I have been creating excuses to not attend the class because I knew that it would be hard to get back into the groove, today I stopped making excuses and began keeping promises to me, again (thank you Sifu B Beckett!). I also spent some time at open training working on my forms, I wasn't needed in the Dragon today so I spent some time trying to feel more familiar with two forms that I learned a short time ago. I like that kind of training, just repeating a form and feeling it, trying to make the moves authentic, feel the purpose behind each move. I totally felt like I was in the moment.

No comments: