Thursday, January 9, 2014

Acceptance :)

I continue to struggle with finding a balance between tough times at work and doing kung fu which helps me to relax and continue to do my job. When I have a rough day at work, one of the things that happens is that I work extra long hours in stressful conditions. The first thing that I have to do is sleep and re-charge and then I can do kung fu and tai chi, hang with my family and play my new guitar. The problem arises when resting between shifts and shift work don't leave enough time for all the other stuff that helps me hold onto my sanity. This week: Day 1 rough day, followed by bad sleep, followed by extra early hours to deal with paperwork, meetings and dealing with more client issues. Day 2 more challenges 10 hour day, can't sleep including short change ( work 3-11pm then return the next morning for 7-3pm). After work on Day 3, I went straight to the kwoon and worked on my kicks and forms for about an hour before the kid's classes. I feel like I haven't done kung fu in days when in reality, I haven't done kung fu since Day 1 in the morning. I need to accept that sometimes this is going to happen and I needed to write this out because in doing so in helped me realize that it wasn't three days without kung fu, it was more like 36 hours. I can handle that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Breathing is also part of kung fu. Wouldn't taking time to breathe during the stressful times be also practicing kung fu?