Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ahhh.....Saturday!

I love Saturday's at the kwoon! For several years, I have spent the whole day at the kwoon whenever possible and I love it. Sometimes my schedule or a commitment may pull me away for all or part of the day but each week I plan to be there. The day provides so much balance for me; I run around and play with the little students in the morning (it's usually pretty sweaty), then there is Tai Chi ( the reason I'm grounded), fitness class (that I will not miss anymore except for meetings!) and then open training ( I love it when it is full). I usually have lunch afterwards ( when I get home) and if at all possible a little nap. Today was especially awesome, there is an excitement in the air that only getting ready for Chinese New Years can produce. Everyone is working hard and having a great time. There are lots of laughs and sometimes a few tears but it is the time of year that brings us closer together every year. Today I looked around and there were many different things going on; the lion/dragon dance practice, people working on their forms (together and individually), some with weapons, fight choreography, and in amongst all that were young people playing and laughing - I thought to myself, it doesn't get any better than that! There is no place I would rather be on a Saturday :)

No comments: