Sunday, August 1, 2010

Progress

This week has been a struggle as I attempted to implement the things that I learned last week into more of my movements. Each workout consisted of concentration, focus and using my eye for detail. It was exhausting mentally and I am not sure that I took very many steps forward. By the end of the week, I was sure that a demonstration of my form would show that I was actually taking steps backward instead of forward. My teacher assured me that it was progress to get stuck and have to try and figure things out. In comparison, last week was easy, I worked hard and the results were that I figured something out and rode on that high for the rest of the week. This week, I worked just as hard trying to implement the changes but I didn't figure anything out, I just worked hard. This week is more like a normal week than the other, making progress by practicing is what it is all about, just a little hard to swallow after a big break through.
Til next week, work hard and have fun.

No comments: