Sunday, July 25, 2010


I had a fantastic training week. I think that I finally understand the concept of the six harmonies. I was cognitive of the concept before but now I can feel it. I started out trying to figure out what was wrong with my punch, well, I knew what was wrong, I was trying to figure out how to fix it. I very patiently threw punch after punch, trying to be aware of my body and how it was moving together. I noticed through this scrutiny that my hips were not insinc with the rest of my movements. It seemed like they were moving separately, with their own agenda. When I moved my hips, shoulders, knees, elbows, feet and hands, together as a unit, everything began to fall into place. I am still getting used to using all the six harmonies together and it will need a lot of work but I am confident that I am making progress in the right direction. My forms feel different and better (right) and I am really excited about the changes that I am making.
I find this whole process absolutely amazing. There I am practicing and practicing and trying to be mindful and feeling like I was making progress, and then someone makes a comment and changes my focus just a smidgeon, and I am flying off (soaring really), in a direction that I was never really sure that I could take. I know that all my practice has not been wasted because I needed to have attained the level of awareness that I had in order to be ready for the next revelation. I am so excited about the possibilities that this opens up for me and how I move, I feel like I can do anything that I set my mind to.
Well, that is all for this week, til next week, work hard and have fun.

No comments: