Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back to the grind or not

I returned from my camping trip on Wed. night and had left myself only one day to do all the chores required from such a trip. This means that Thurs. was crazy busy with laundry and errands and getting organized to start the work week. I think I like being busy like that, it seems like if I have too much time on my hands then I relax too much and I am not as productive.
I love getting back to work after a holiday or break. I have renewed energy and passion for my work that I didn't realize was waning until I got some rest. This is the beginning of my year, I take a big break in the summer and then come back ready to charge into a new year with vigor. I am excitedly planning my next suicide prevention workshop, checking in with the new staff members that I am training, supervising a new treatment program and re-establishing my team. I love it. I have always loved the beginning of the school year, what with the new faces, new books, etc. So it seems fitting that my work year begins each September with new ideas and enthusiasm.
So that has been my week in a nut shell, I am very happy to be back training with my kung fu friends. It is so energizing to be around people who are working hard and having fun.
My goal for this week is to fit in more time to practice yoga, it feels fabulous when I do it, I just need to find a spot for it.
Until next week, work hard and have fun.

No comments: