Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ahhhhh.....assignments


I handed in two assignments yesterday that have each taken me a long time to complete. It was a pretty cool feeling to complete them.
One has been on my radar for approx. two years. I could have completed it at any time but I didn't quite understand it, so instead of trying to figure it out, I left it. This month I forced myself to take the time, sit down and get it done. Well,now I get it, I understand the assignment and the purpose behind it and I am glad that I completed it.
The second assignment was a physical requirement and a mental one. The assignment was to complete 26,000 push ups in six months. The first year that I attempted this, I didn't quite understand the concept of completing push ups EVERYDAY, and only completed approx 1/2 of them. Last year, I had my goal in sight and hurt my back towards the end and needed to take a mini-break from kung fu and push ups. This year, I learned that the battle is not physical alone, it is mental as well. If you tell yourself that you can't do it, or that you have no time for it, it will come true. If you work hard and figure out where to fit the push ups in, it becomes easier. It does not matter what changes in my life occur, I will always fit in my push ups. I still have 20,000 to complete this year for my UBBT challenge and I am confident that I will complete them.
It feels good to complete something that you have have been working towards for a long time, there is deep satisfaction in it.
Until next week, work hard and have fun.

No comments: