Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ouch!!!!


I hurt my back this afternoon, I was bending over to put the basket for cutlery back in the dishwasher and something changed (it also lends to my 'it's never anything cool' theory). I can't put my finger on exactly what but there was a definite shift and it hurt like crazy to straighten up. So now I am sitting on my couch with an ice pack on my back. This is an immense improvement from my usual response to injury. I usually deny that it really hurts and keep moving until I can't move anymore. I am learning.
The irony of the whole thing is that I had a really intense workout this morning and I feel like I am on the verge of a break through with my form. It feels like it is starting to change, or ready to change, it feels like I have nearly got it. I am not sure what it is yet but it feels pretty cool. I am sure that I won't lose that feeling as I wait for my back to rest, because the whole change started with me thinking differently about the form and approaching it differently and now I think that I can begin to put those thoughts into action.
This is a very exciting time for me and my martial arts, I am beginning to figure things out and learn from myself. I get how I learn and I am taking the time to allow myself to do it.
Woohoo!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those ridiculous cat posters. you didn't end your blog with until next week, work hard and have fun... it makes me think of the body break commercials where they say "until next time keep fit and have fun"
I'm glad your recovering, your a great training partner.
Andrea Prince