Sunday, June 1, 2014

My days

Where have I been? Many places!
I worked on Friday night and discovered a nature reserve by Devon with my kids. It has a lovely boardwalk, information posts about the wildlife in the area and a couple of look out points. The kids had a great time, the best conversation was them discussing the virtues of living in the country versus the city. It was fantastic!
Saturday was a great day. I started the day with the little ones as always, they always warm my heart. I walked over to the marshaling area for the parade and was reminded of how much I enjoy the trails in Stony Plain (I've had some great training experiences there with my friends) and had a great time chatting with my kung fu family before and during the parade. My hat is off to the buyer of the candies, those suckers are great ! (I was part of a committee to test for quality control, for the children!). The demo was great, I always enjoy being a the senior's center.
After my kung fu day, my family enjoyed a gathering to celebrate my brother's birthday (he turned 50). It was a momentous occasion, there was great food, singing, dancing and a photo booth! That young man certainly knows how to celebrate. There were lots of laughs and many memories were created (I can hardly wait for the remember when's to start!), and the best part was experiencing the whole thing with Jim and Katie (the pics tell the tale!!!)
Today I am preparing to go to work, slowly and precisely, and hope to experience another beautiful walk with my work kids this evening.
ps I walked 19,482 steps (8.15 miles) before midnight yesterday and another 3,000 after!!!!!

No comments: