Thursday, November 4, 2010

Where do we go from here? Forward, of course!

I have no idea what to write about. Hmmmm.... I wonder how many times that has been the first line in one of my lengthy blogs? I am feeling like I should write something but I am not sure what it is, so I decided to start writing and see what comes up.
I am not where I thought I would be today, I thought that I would be past the test and working towards a similar but slightly different goal. Instead, I find myself refocusing, re-planning the next 300 days and trying to figure out what needs to change in my training regiment, if anything. For now, I am continuing on in my training, practicing my techniques, my forms and my kicks. I am paying attention to how I am feeling and what I am doing. I am staying in the moment as much as possible and I feel like I am at the beginning of something fabulous. Have you ever had the feeling? I have been so excited about where my Kung Fu is and where it is taking me for the past two months that I can hardly contain myself some days. I want everyone to experience this amazing feeling. I believe the prescription is hard work, dedication and keeping promises to yourself. As I look back over the past year or two and try to describe how I got to this point, I think of working on specific parts of a form over and over again, staying engaged in my training when I was too sick to participate, and getting going when I could and sometimes didn't feel like it. There were a few times when I trudged off to my workout, not really in the spirit of accomplishing anything other than the promise to myself that I would go. Those were some of my most amazing workouts, I usually discovered something ground breaking about how I moved, or ran an extra mile with energy and vigor. I am happy with what I have accomplished over the past little while and I look forward to learning more about improving myself and my world as I continue on with my journey.
Okay, so it wasn't that long!
Until next week, work hard and have fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Robyn,

You exemplify what a Sihing should be. The rest of your class would be amiss if they did not follow your lead into the next grading (if they wish to have a fighting chance at promoting).