Sunday, April 11, 2010

To blog or not to blog......


I have been thinking about blogging this week and how much my attitude towards it has changed over the last few years. At first, when the ideas was presented to me, I was mortified. Journalling has always been such a private thing for me, it is where I write all my thoughts and feelings that I don't feel comfortable sharing with anyone else. The idea of sharing even some of those thoughts and feelings was scarey. So I started writing about things that I thought others would be interested in or learn from. I also thought that they had to be long and thought provoking. My entries were not exactly what I wanted to say but they were entries and that was what I had promised to produce. Lately, I have been focusing on sharing just a bit of what my week has been like, a thought that stands out or an experience that has an impact on my training. I am focusing on what I want to write/share and not what I think others want to read. It is working for me, I am not sure that I appreciated the benefits of blogging until recently. I feel like I get it now, by sharing my experiences, I might reach someone who is struggling with a similar thing, but I can't write like I have to reach someone else. It just comes out cheesy and not authentic.
Those are my thoughts for this week.
Robyn Kichko
Silent River Kung Fu
Stony Plain, AB, Canada

No comments: