Friday, February 3, 2012

Planning.......


I miss working out; sweating, pushing harder, trying one more lap, one more rep, one more minute.
It has totally sucked being sick this week and having to take it easy so that I can get better. I realize that in years gone by I have had to take quite a bit of time off to recovery from an illness so I should not be whiny over a week. It has given me time to plan how I would like my workouts to go.
It is time to create a new routine that includes my forms that I am working on this year as well as some of the activities that I enjoyed doing over the last few years.
One of my I Ho Chaun goals is to be able to do 10 pull up consecutively by the end of the year. This will take a few steps to accomplish; 1) let my left arm heal so that I can use it again (read: patience) 2) build the muscles that I need for the pull ups without actually doing them 3) modify the pull up so that I can experience some success along the way and 4) practice, practice, practice.
I also promised myself that I would get back into running when I had more time. Well, now I have 1000 miles ahead of me so I don't have any excuses, it is time to run. I would like to participate in a run at the end of the summer, I am not sure if I can get back into 1/2 marathon type running or 10 km. I will be able to judge better once I am back on the track.
So that is what I have been thinking about while resting and allowing my body to heal.
I also read a really good book this week call 'The Alchemist', it is a story about a boy and his journey. It is about listening to his heart and staying true to his path. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and recommend it for all. I started a second book about a gentleman who is an ultra marathon runner, I will comment on that one when I am done with it, so far it is a very inspiring story that has me wanting to strap on my shoes and hit the road.

No comments: