Friday, May 21, 2010

Searching.......


What am I looking for? What is the purpose of my journey?
At first, I wasn't sure, I engulfed myself with the physical, making sure that I was so busy I wouldn't have time for much reflection. I did add in some goals that would require reflection but sort of hoped that I could fake my way through those without any serious work. (I am trying to be as honest with myself as possible). I had thought about the end of the journey and what it would look like many times, it always involved dreaming about my physical accomplishments, nothing more. The reality is, I am looking for me. The last couple of weeks have revolved around figuring out which direction to go and receiving lots of advise and not knowing what to follow. This lead to the question, which way do I want to go and what would be best for me? I have no idea! I feel so out of touch with who I am that I don't think that I have the ability to make a decision based on what is best for me.
What do I think? What do I know? I feel lost in a sea of doubt. I am overwhelmed by the tasks that I have taken on. I am not sure that I have what it takes to complete my goals, right now it seems like too much. How do I find me in all of this? When I look too closely, I don't always like what I see, that scares me and I stop looking. I return to the physical because that is something that I am comfortable with. Should I keep pushing the physical and hope that the rest works itself out? Should I expand my journey so that I reflect more on me and what I really need to do to feed my soul?
The answer is yes. Don't stop, keep searching, striving, working, growing. One day, there will be more answers than questions.

No comments: